Music store in downtown celebrating 60 years
Gar Dickerson moved Dickerson Music Company to 201 N. Superior St. its current location back in 1959. Gar had previously had an instrument repair shop in the back of his dad’s dry cleaners, and also was a short time in a store front across the street on Superior.
Dickerson Music Company held it’s grand opening on December 3, 1959. Gar owned Dickerson Music up till his death when Kelly Kidder, long time employee became the owner of Dickerson Music.
Dickerson Music Company still offers instrument repairs, lessons, and new and used instruments to our customers.